pinaythai_Leaderboard

Saturday, December 13, 2008

How to Get to Wat Arun by BTS Sky Train


This is the first hop for me to get to check Bangkok sites where my family can go around. I seem to think getting on the BTS Sky Train would probably be the most practical and convenient way to get around.

I learned from a short walk yesterday that the River Cruise at the Sapan Taksin BTS Terminal Station would cost Baht150.00 per person and will get me unlimited hop on and hop off to all the stops along Chao Phraya River. I stopped at the Flower Market, River City (high-end souvenir shop), Wat Arun, but left Grand Palace for tomorrow (as this temple closes at 3pm). It will cost you Baht3.00 to cross the other side of the river from the stop station to Wat Arun. It's called the temple of the Dawn and is a must see if you want to see the Grand Palace from across.

I had lunch (with 2 of my Filipino travel mates) at the one of the station's food kiosks and an average rice meal will cost you around Baht35.00 which is quite filling.

I think Baht150.00 is not really very practical if you only want to see Wat Arun and The Grand Palace. I missed to hop off at King Rama VII bridge, but who knows if I did, i might think otherwise.

On my way back to the Sapan Taksin station, I took the orange lane boat again all the way until the Terminal station. This day had to end with a shopping spree at the Chatuchak Market which is a weekend market that opens during Saturdays and Sundays only. To get to Chatuchak, we had to take the BTS from Sapan Taksin and hop off at Mo Chit terminal station. A good photo shoot at the Chatuchak park with the pigeons will make your day complete. You can pay Baht5.00 for the bird feeds and you can spend a few minutes feeding the doves and take lovely shots at the park.

I think a day is enough for this...I have to check what's in store for me by tomorrow.



Popular Posts